We use the highest-grade English equestrian leather for its superior tensile strength and distinctive character
Our leathers are oiled vegetable tanned and drum dyed in the centuries old tradition
With continual wear each bag develops its own distinctive patina,
Bridle leather at its best doesn’t wear out; it does however age beautifully.
Our canvases are manufactured in the north of England in the traditional way
We use authentic vulcanized canvas; a two-ply cotton that has been bonded with natural rubber, it lends itself perfectly for added strength and durability
Vulcanized canvas is the historic method for making fabrics waterproof and is the customary fabric for English hunting satchels.
- Canvas bags are best spot-cleaned with soap and water and left to dry naturally.
- Do not fully immerse your bag in water.
- The vegetable dyed leather may run left in water and stain the canvas.
- It is good to fill your bag with newspaper when drying to keep bags' shape.
- Leather can be washed with household soap and water, or saddle soap.
- Leave to dry thoroughly before applying cream.
- Use a natural shoe or leather cream to replenish the oils in the leather.
- Leather only needs to be washed infrequently.
- Leather cream can be applied on a more regular basis to shine the leather.